Software Developer II
ResMan is rapidly growing property management software company with a strong presence in the brick and mortar property management industry. ResMan saw the need for an application that truly helps measure, manage, and educate the members of the property management industry and have set out to create it. With such extensive knowledge and experience in the industry, ResMan has placed itself in a prime position to make a major difference in the way in which properties are managed.
ResMan provides a next-generation marketing platform that helps property managers quickly attract renters by launching an intelligent website, interactive sitemaps & floor plans and powered with a data & analytics dashboard. This product offering allows property management companies to market and grow their properties and connect with residents.
We’re a young and rapidly-growing company, filled with opportunities to learn new things, to be challenged every day, and, ultimately, to fuel your career growth. We’re proactive about providing an environment that welcomes collaboration not only on projects but in shaping internal practices.
We are looking for a skilled software engineer to join our team of software engineers to continue building our SaaS product, Zeki (www.getzeki.com). We're looking for someone who is an innately curious problem-solver, motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. You love tackling critical challenges and break down large, complex problems without breaking a sweat. We need a team player, who thrives in a collaborative environment and is easy to work with. Ideally, you'll come equipped with knowledge of best practices, and you'll have opinions on how to apply them. You'll get to work with a small team of passionate, driven problem-solvers in love with design and the power of technology.
WHY THIS ROLE IS CRITICAL
In other companies, you might work on a product. At ResMan, your work is the product. Clients hire us to bring creative ideas and cutting-edge technology to the table. The most critical part of your job will be to bring elegant solutions to life to solve for client needs.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Working as a full-stack developer implementing both client and server-side logic for all projects including a custom-built content management system to build, maintain, and manage marketing websites
- Taking an active role in all aspects of development and helping to define how the application looks, functions, and is built
- Building automation to convert pre-existing websites into fully functional responsive web apps
- Using MeteorJS, Vue.js and Node.js frameworks to add new features to both our existing products and new projects
- Working with a team of developers in an Agile environment
- Sharing ideas and knowledge with other team members
- Ensuring high quality and standards-compliant coding
- Do great work and be great to work with
- 1+ years of experience working with node.js (preferred)
- 1+ years of experience working with MongoDB (preferred but not required)
- Experience building user interfaces for responsive websites and/or web applications
- Positive, supportive attitude to remove roadblocks rather than create them
- An online portfolio; resumes with a URL(s) will be preferred
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 Years progressively responsible experience designing, developing, and maintaining complex web applications
- Understanding of Agile and Scrum software development methodologies
- Experience with test-driven development is preferred, but not required
- “Servitude Leadership” mentality and demonstrated passion for serving customers, employees, and helping others
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Experience working with a team to deliver a product on time
- Ability to work independently but know when to say "I don't know” and ask for help
- Strong verbal and written English skills