General Manager - Investor Deal Room
ResMan is redefining the future of real estate technology. Evolving from the property management industry, we are changing the way property managers and investors manage their assets. We believe in workplace equity, breaking boundaries, and encouraging each other above all else. We work hard, play hard, and think big. At ResMan, company culture isn’t just an initiative, it’s in our DNA– you can feel it in everything that we do as a team. The energy and innovation that we bring every day to our teams and our customers is our culture.
ResMan recently acquired Investor Deal Room, an investor management software that helps real estate sponsors raise capital more efficiently, report to investors, and manage documents through an intuitive experience. The General Manager, Investor Deal Room will own the product strategy in its entirety, from new customer acquisition to maintaining customers for life. We are seeking experienced General Managers, knowledge of Investor Management industry preferred.
- Build the vision and fully own the business of Investor Deal Room (IDR), a ResMan Company
- Drive growth and manage the P&L from end-to-end including sales and revenue forecasting, marketing and sales expense, product costs, and profitability
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends within investor management to influence and inform go-to-market strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of IDR and partner with Product leadership to develop and maintain the product roadmap.
- Recruit and lead top talent on the IDR team, including sales, development, product and customer supporting roles, with dotted lines into their respective departments
- Collaborate cross-functionally with executive leaders and stakeholders from across the organization including Product & Development, Customer Support & Training, Implementation, Sales, and BizOps
- Develop and maintain executive reports, dashboards, and resources that track key metrics to enable us to scale our efforts and market penetration
- Contribute to product development, both internal and customer-facing
- Be visible in the multi-family investment management industry including customer facing events, conferences, and thought leadership opportunities
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Lead generation - in collaboration with marketing and lead generation teams, develop and deliver activities to achieve required levels of leads for new business attainment
- Sales Enablement - communicate the value proposition of our services to the sales team, and in collaboration with the sales enablement team, develop the sales tools, enablement materials, and competitive analysis, to support the selling process and improve our sellers' proficiency and efficiency in selling SaaS services
- Competitive and Market Intelligence - be the expert on SaaS buyers, how they buy, buying criteria, objections; be the expert on the competition, their offerings, their positioning and how to win against them
- Thought Leadership - act as thought leader for all things SaaS services both internally and externally
- Revenue - support and engage actively with our sales, client engagement and renewal teams around the world to achieve expected revenue targets (new client invoicing and renewals) for our SaaS services offerings
- People Management - lead, manage and develop a high performing team in support of new sales and existing clients with high level of employee engagement
- Financial and Operational - deliver key goals for the IDR business on-time and on-target including: agreed-upon roadmap, quarterly and yearly; number of leads; new client invoicing; renewals invoicing; client satisfaction; and employee engagement; while meeting the team's budget
Experience & Qualifications:
- 7+ years’ experience in SaaS technology companies, preferably in high growth mode
- 3+ years’ experience in building and managing teams, ideally in SaaS companies.
- 3+ years’ experience in end-to-end SaaS P&L management, with demonstrated knowledge of strategizing to meet revenue goals.
- Ability to influence and direct groups in dotted-line relationships and matrixed organizations.
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition.
- Experience building new markets or businesses either in start-up environments or working for enterprise software companies.
- Previous experience with investor management Saas solutions and industry landscape
- Operational/leadership experience with sales, product development, product onboarding and product support success with a Saas product line
- Salesforce.com experience with sales pipeline, operational metrics, and financial dashboards to proactively manage business performance.