Business Intelligence Product Manager
The ResMan Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics Product Manager is responsible for defining, executing and owning the product strategy of a market leading reporting and analytics product that will support our property management customers and their data-driven decisions. The successful candidate will develop solutions that extract data from the ResMan platform to allow our customers to drive analytic initiatives in support of business strategies. The product manager will develop an understanding of business processes and operational tools in order to create meaningful reporting designs and develop creative and interactive data visualizations to be used by our clients.
At ResMan we believe that great software starts with great product management. We are an intensely passionate and customer focused group with a need for action and an expectation that we are solving for awesome user experiences. Industry experience in multifamily property management software and services is a plus.
- Partner with business leaders across the organization to develop, support and implement a high-quality, data-driven product that reflects market and user requirements.
- Engage with customers at different levels to understand business needs, analyze, document, evaluate and prioritize the requirements and make recommendations on the solution that will drive our product vision.
- Work closely with the software engineering team to deliver features defined following the agile methodology, practices, guidance and tools.
- Lead the development and implementation of business intelligence solutions, which may include data visualization, data transformation, or data collection.
- Stay current on all processes, techniques, tools, and industry best practices to ensure ResMan is at the forefront of Business Intelligence solutions in the marketplace.
- Develop business plan and contribute to the strategic planning process to ensure continued alignment of product strategy with overall company strategy.
- Translate product priorities into actionable, clearly communicated product stories for software engineering. Conduct frequent user testing with lightweight prototypes.
- Ensure that products achieve their targeted revenue and usage goals.
- Drive and communicate competitive assessment on your product and collaborate with the sales channel to identify and address broad industry and product trends.
- Partner with sales and marketing to plan and execute Go-To-Market (GTM) efforts including pricing, positioning strategies, collateral, sales tools, presentations, demos, and competitive battlecards.
- 5 - 7 years of product management experience, preferably with a SaaS/cloud solution including product ownership.
- 2-4 years of experience with Business intelligence tools or other data visualization tools like Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Sisense, Microstrategy, Cognos, Yellowfin, Domo, Qlik.
- Demonstrated ability to design, build, document, test, maintain and troubleshoot interactive dashboards and customize reports.
- Passionate about product and customer experience.
- Extensive Product Management expertise, including: product analytics, market trends/analysis, new product introduction (GTM) process, product roadmap development, and product life-cycle management.
- Strong experience working within a SCRUM Agile environment.
- Exceptional communication skills, written, verbal and presentation.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional and matrixed teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, work independently, and take initiative.
- Experience with or willingness to learn tools, like: advanced data tools (e.g. SQL, Tableau), product analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Pendo), higher-fidelity prototyping tools (e.g. Invision, Marvel), product management/roadmapping tools (e.g. ProductPlan), key cross-functional databases (e.g. Salesforce).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Computer Science/Information Systems; equivalent experience may be considered (minimum of 5 years’ experience in a business and technical role).
- Ability to travel up to 20%.