Merchant Services Support Lead
Who Is ResMan?
ResMan is rapidly growing property management software company with a strong presence in the brick and mortar property management industry. With such extensive knowledge and experience in the industry, ResMan has placed itself in a prime position to make a major difference in the way in which properties are managed. Our Core Essentials Property Management software allows property managers to manage property operations, conduct critical accounting functions, and collect rent and interact with residents. ResMan partners with industry leading enterprises to provide secure and robust payment processing solutions to their customers.
The Merchant Services Support Lead will be part of our Customer Support team and will be responsible for supporting the business and technical needs of our growing merchant base. You will be assisting new and existing merchants with their payment gateway accounts through e-mail, inbound phone calls or chat. This position is located in Plano, Texas and allows for remote work arrangement as approved.
You will be responsible for the management of, and all activities surrounding the Merchant Help Desk and Account Boarding, including developing and maintaining formal, written processes and procedures, instituting a customer service rep training program and continuing education. Requires a good understanding of transaction processing regulations and applicable Federal and State Laws. Provides technical support and assistance for department functions regarding automated systems and best practices to meet future demands and changing technologies.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Provide extraordinary client service to merchants via inbound phone calls, email or chat.
- Respond to incoming customer requests quickly, proficiently and professionally while meeting specific quality expectations
- Answer merchant questions and resolves customer support problems related to onboarding, transaction processing, billing, account management and troubleshooting.
- Be a go-to person for the larger operations team, which includes: technical support, sales, engineering, software sales report, business operations and product specialists for those hard to answer questions and challenges with all things Merchant Services
- Keeping abreast of the merchant services industry, card brand rules and regulations, and Third Party Processors’ systems and applications to ensure compliance.
- Train internal department employees on Card Brand operating regulations, and general merchant account processing. Training merchants on the proper card acceptance procedures.
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and support of Merchant Help Desk with the Merchant Product Team.
- Review and recommend new product development and system capabilities to ensure maximum use of systems.
- Ensure documentation for boarding processes remains accurate for all our boarding processes
- Thoroughly describe and document work using call ticketing systems including Salesforce.com
- Escalate tickets to Support Leadership, Product Managers, 3rd party processors or Specialists as needed
- Update the ticketing system with current status of all ongoing issues and Merchant Contacts
- Work with our clients to ensure a smooth transition on boarding their merchant account
- Facilitate the underwriting process with the underwriters and our customers
- Partner to help with account management in such things as cancelations or bulk onboarding requests for multiple properties/merchants
Our support-oriented team is focused on excellent sales support and customer service. You will take on account boarding, interface with payment processors for updates underwriting merchant accounts, and also be looked upon to assist, own and tackle projects relating to payment processing.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Candidate should have 3-5 years of experience in a merchant services or payment processing organization, in a sales support and operations capacity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, specifically with customer interfacing
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and thrive in a fast-paced working environment
- Experience with data entry with high attention to detail while handling highly sensitive information
- Experience with Salesforce or comfortable with quickly learning software that is critical to your success in the role
- Candidate should have expert knowledge of card-present and card-not-present payment processing and subscription-based revenue models.
- Candidate should have a strong understanding of payment processing rules, regulations, and industry standards.
- Candidate should have a risk-based approach / mindset to solving problems.
- Strong analytical, mathematical and reporting skills.